Monday, April 19, 2010

Gettin' busy

Ahhh, he's back.

The new season of Dhani Tackles the Globe begins tonight at 11 on the Travel Channel.  If you know me and you don't know who this man is by now, well... we probably just met.

Hey, I look at it like this. Katie Holmes said when she was a little girl, it was her dream to grow up and marry Tom Cruise.  Well, if little Katie's dream can come true, then why can't mine?!

So here's some motivation.  A great man needs an even greater woman.  Isaac was able to fall in love with a woman he'd only just met because she (Rebecca) was Fabulous! Okay?  Genesis 24 tells us that Rebecca was beautiful, industrious, kind hearted, a giver, devoted to God , a forward thinker, shrewd, properly positioned and did I mention beautiful?  Interestingly enough, Rebecca's name in Hebrew means a knotted cord, to bind, CAPTIVATING.

Reading the book, Captivating: The Unveiling of a Woman's Soul changed my life and started me on an amazing journey to true godly womanhood in a way that no other self-help book has ever been able to do. Sure, it's easy to say, I wish Dhani Jones would be my husband.  It's easy to dream of being his wife.  It's much harder to shed the old Stacey and put on the new Stacey that is captivating enough to be tied to such a man.  Marriage is like a spiritual three-legged race.  Two partners wrap a cord around their legs, binding themselves together, so that every move they make must be calculated, in synch.  They must surrender to each other and move from start to finish line as one if they intend to win the race.  It's insane, but so absolutely   great. So all this to say,  I was never the last kid picked when playing sports or games.  In fact, I was often the first to do the picking because I was fast, and strong and taller than everybody else, so some of the kids were just plain scared of me. lol  But if I were in the line up now and Dhani was captain, would he pick me first to be on his dodgeball team or would I be standing there in the dust twiddling my fingers in the outfield waiting for a big red ball to hit me in the head?

Now, I have no idea if it's in God's plan for me to run a season of my race as Mrs. Stacey D. Jones, but I do know that it is His plan for me to be a woman who is thoroughly enthralling, inescapably captivating. So I better get busy.

1 comment:

Bre said...

I had no clue who that guy was. And we did just meet :) I love this. You are beautiful! I hope it works out with you two!!

Post a Comment