Thursday, April 1, 2010

Some new words to add to the vocabulary of my heart...


Rest - relief or freedom especially from anything that wearies, troubles or disturbs
          a period or interval of inactivity, repose, solitude or tranquility
          a supporting device
          (among the 20 or so definitions here are some of my favorites)
          to relieve weariness by the cessation of exertion or labor
          to be at ease; have tranquility or peace
          to be quiet or still
          to rely; be based or founded
          to be found; belong, reside

Hope - the feeling that what is wanted can be had and will turn out for the best
          to look forward to with desire or reasonable confidence
          to feel that something desired may happen
Expect - from the Latin ex spectare meaning to await
            to look forward to; regard as likely to happen; anticipate the occurring or the coming of 
            to look for with reason or justification 
photo courtesy of podbean.com
"For I know that thoughts I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you an expected end.  Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. And I will be found of you, saith the Lord; and I will turn away your captivity..."
                                                   -Jeremiah 29:11-14



No comments:

Post a Comment