Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sha alu Shalom Yerushalayim - Pray for the Peace of Jerusalem

My new favorite television show...Zola Levitt Presents!  http://www.levitt.tv/media/watch/543-07

This show was part of a ministry started by the late Zola Levitt, a Jewish Christian who for all intensive purposes, led the modern evangelistic ministry to Jews in America and throughout the world. I vaguely remember having watched this show years and years ago.  I am so glad that God allowed me to rediscover it.  I  have always been fascinated by the old testament, (I've read through the Torah - the first 5 books of Moses- at least 3 times) and am passionate about going to the Holy Land one day.

It is no coincidence that Passover comes at the beginning of Spring. I don't think it is a coincidence that I met and ministered to an Israeli man a couple of weeks ago.  Nor is it a coincidence that as a youngster I chose to demonstrate a Seder ceremony to may foreign language class.

As we enter into Spring and the Passover season, I am so excited to study more about God's wonders, the seven Feasts of Israel, old testament law and its fulfillment in the new testament. I don't know how all these things will tie together, but He has wonderful way of unifying truth and experience. The Exodus story, the Redemption Story...they are one in the same.  This is a celebration that the bible says is eternal and Paul exhorts us, yes, Gentiles, to keep.  The Passover lamb of Egypt is the Passover lamb of God, Jesus Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment